Pasadena Slip and Fall Lawyer: Holding Negligent Property Owners Accountable
In Pasadena, CA, numerous individuals have suffered personal injuries resulting from slips and falls that occurred in supermarkets, restaurants, parking lots, and shopping malls. Sadly, many of these victims wrongly assume that their slip and fall accidents were just pure misfortunes that had nothing to do with the business owners. As a result, they end up with hefty medical bills, suffer mental trauma, or live with lifelong physical injuries which can sometimes lead to wrongful death.
However, according to California State laws, the business owner is responsible for negligence in such scenarios. Therefore, by engaging the services of a Pasadena slip and fall lawyer, victims can prove the property owner’s negligence and obtain compensation.
What is a Slip and Fall Injury?
A slip and fall injury is a personal injury claim made by a person who visited a business premises and sustained injuries due to the property owner’s failure to take precautionary measures that ensure the safety of customers. The business owner is at fault for allowing conditions that pose risks to clients.
Slips and Falls That Can Change Your Life
A slip and fall accident can be life-altering, causing physical harm or even wrongful death. The following are some of the structural conditions in business premises that pose significant risks to clients:
• Unlit stairs, poorly-lit stairs, or loose stair rails
• Debris that remains uncollected
• Wet or slippery floors, uneven surfaces, or loose flooring tiles
• Poorly maintained parking lots that have holes, patching cracks, or uneven filling
• Private sidewalks that customers use to access a shopping mall or supermarket that could cause tripping
• Supermarket or restaurant owners allowing ice to accumulate in the buildings accessed by clients
• Construction defects on buildings where the owner is liable for the tripping as no effort was made to correct structural weaknesses.
• Spilled substances (water or oil) left on hotel floors that cause slipperiness
• Slippery bathtubs or shower rooms
Who is Liable for Slip and Fall Accidents?
The property owner is responsible if a Pasadena slip and fall lawyer proves the following:
• The property owner, employees, or managers knew about the dangerous condition and did not remove the risk or repair the structures. The attorney adduces evidence to prove the property owner’s negligence.
• The business owner was aware that the dangerous objects or poorly maintained premises could cause injuries but took no measures to minimize the risk.
California Laws on Slip and Fall Accidents
California laws require property owners to maintain a safe environment for visitors to all business premises. Pasadena residents who suffer injuries due to owners operating on a defective basis may be compensated.
Journeying with a Pasadena Slip and Fall Lawyer
Compensation for slip and fall victims often depends on various factors considered by the court. The court wants to know if the victim fell on a slippery surface, stairway, terrace, parking lot, sidewalk, or bathtub. Since many victims find it challenging to prove negligence by the property owner, journeying with a Pasadena slip and fall lawyer is crucial.
The Pasadena slip and fall lawyer will gather photo evidence and provide the court with a description of the object that caused the slip and fall — whether it be a fruit on the floor, a plastic bag, or debris. Further, they will take witness testimonies in the store, grocery, or pharmacy, and present medical documents and hospital bills to the judge as proof of the victim’s expenses. The doctor’s reports also help reveal how the tripping affected the victim psychologically.
Ultimately, the Pasadena slip and fall lawyer helps defend against the business owners’ defense that the victim was careless. The expert’s efforts undoubtedly show that their clients are professionally represented by the Spodek Law Group and Attorney Todd Spodek, a reputable law firm with extensive experience handling legal situations.
Contact Spodek Law Group today
If you’re a victim of a slip and fall accident in Pasadena, CA, reach out to us today. Our team of lawyers is equipped to help you receive the compensation you deserve.
Table demonstrating types of injuries caused by slipping and falling in business premises:
|Types of injuries||Description|
|Broken bones||Often the result of hard falls that occur in a variety of ways. For instance, wrist or hip fractures.|
|Head Injuries||These typically occur when a victim’s head hits the floor or other hard surfaces. Head injuries can range from minor concussions to more severe brain injuries that could lead to death.|
|Spinal Cord Injuries||Spinal cord injuries following a slip and fall may result in paralysis, chronic back pain or even death.|
The above table underscores the need for a Pasadena slip and fall lawyer. With our help, you can have the resources you need to pursue legal action against negligent property owners to receive the compensation you need.
Leave a Reply